Tuesday, May 08, 2007

And the day goes on

I put the throw rugs & mats down around the door. I filled up the new dog bowl with a mixture of his food & some puppy Beneful. I put that & the water bowl on the rug. He has to come out of his "cave" to eat & drink but he doesn't have to go all the way into the kitchen. I can hear him lapping up water now. I poured some of the puppy Beneful into Einstein's bowl too so he doesn't feel slighted. Ah, I can hear him scarfing away. I didn't give him a lot. I just wanted to make sure he ate some. I'll fill it back up & put it over by the water. He'll have to go there to get more.
He was wandering nervously around the house before I ran errands so he's starting to get used to the place. He just came over to me & let me pet him. Now he's checking the place out & he just jumped up on the couch. :-)

I didn't have any trouble getting him into his crate. Well, other than dead lifting 47 lbs of basset hound & carrying him over to his crate. Once there he shot into it. When I got back, I let Einstein inside first. I didn't want him to feel slighted & I didn't want Linus sneaking out the door while Einstein was coming in. When I let Linus out, he shot out & ran for his cave. I put the perishables away & then took him out on the lunge line. Einstein sat next to me in the middle of the yard & got fussed over. Linus eventually wandered over & let me pet him too. There was some mutual dog sniffing. Then we wandered around some more & came inside. Much fun had by all.

No comments: