Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Ooops!

When I went upstairs last night, I discovered what one of the things that Linus had been doing while checking out the house. I obviously didn't take him out enough. He's Einstein's size so I keep forgetting that he's only a year old.

We had another setback this morning. Chris was letting the boys out of their crates. Linus always takes off like a shot running for his cave. Einstein thought he was playing (Einstein loves to play chase.) and took off after him, barking as he ran. Needless to say, that scared Linus a lot.

He's pretty jumpy. Abrupt volume changes on the TV (fights, gunfire, etc)
make him jump.

One step forward, two steps back. This is going to take awhile. I knew that going in. I have to fight the urge to scoop him up (hey! I've been having to do that anyway to get him to move.), hug him, and pet him, and squeeze him, and call him Linus (will someone please tell me where that phrase comes from?). However, I know that's the wrong thing to do. Yesterday showed that the best thing seems to be to leave him alone & let him come out on his own. We may have to remove the kitty stand he's hiding behind though.

It is good that he's picked his cave in the living room. It would be much harder if he was under the kitchen table, for instance. He's got a space that he feels safe in but is still part of where the most activity in the house takes place. Einstein, however, is unamused by his choice. That cut through between the furniture to the back door has been Einstein's favorite shortcut. If stuff gets piled in front of it, he sits there & glares until we clear the space. He went to use it last night & discovered Linus. Better that than his papa san though.

No comments: