Sunday, May 20, 2007

Panda

Chris and I finally had time to unpack the bag with Panda. We'd put the cards we'd received in there. They'll be put in her photo album. There was also a votive candle but it's scented so Mom will get it.

The box is very nice. It has nice simple lines with a photo area on the front. I'm not sure if I'll put her photo there or just leave the sunset one it came with there. It has her name on a brass plaque on the front. Unlike Darwin's (which has a lock & keys), Panda's box is sealed. We don't plan on ever opening either one so that's a plus in our book.

She and Darwin are up on the mantle. I never thought I'd do something like that. However, the mantel (along with some "pretties" that rotate) has a framed copy of our wedding invitation, a Waterford cat & a cross, along with a Tibetan singing bowl so I think they fit in.

We have a print of St. Francis surrounded by animals done by Lucy A. Synk (picture is shown is this article)hanging on the wall upstairs. I saw it at her booth at the KC Ren Faire years ago and knew exactly where to put it. I used it as the center of a shrine to my cat, Ches, who died way too young. We're planning on adding photos of Panda & Darwin - along with the cast of his pawprint - beside the print.

No comments: