Saturday, May 12, 2007

Catching up


I think Linus is starting to adjust to us. I had him on the lead in the backyard yesterday when Chris came home. When he stepped out into the yard, Einstein (of course) ran straight over with his usual excitement. No surprise there. But! Linus looked at him, started wagging his tail, and walked over to see Chris!
After the greetings were over, I let Linus off the lead since we now had 2 people to retrieve him from the photinias. When we brought him in an hour or so later, he ran in on his own. We'd been trying †o catch him but finally he decided to run for the door instead of back into the photinias. He went in & hid on the far side of the couch.
We had enforced pack time yesterday. Linus was drug out of his cave & forced to lie on the couch next to me. I didn't mess with him & he didn't mess with me when I ate my lunch there. Surprisingly no dog fights broke out either. I gave them both Busy Bones and then headed over to the computer.
Small steps.

No comments: