Saturday, May 12, 2007

The ever changing cave



I've been modifying Linus' "cave".
This was how it started out. Well, I gave him the blue pillow so it's not technically exactly the same. He used to curl up where the pillow is but this was taken after he was attacked by my PDA cables so he decided to hide more.



I removed the video game chairs so he would have less to hide behind. He still kept hiding behind the post. As you can see, we've decided the "no food when you're in your cave" rule is just leading to a basset that doesn't eat more often than a basset who comes out and eats.
So now, he doesn't get treats in his cave. We're such harsh parents.



This is how it looks now.
I removed the cat stand after having to drag him out from behind it one too many times. (Yes Mom, you can put it & the lamp back when you come down. Or you could just sit on the couch & use that lamp.)
I was considering placing our large rectangular laundry basket (upside down of course) in there. It would almost completely fill the space.
3 reasons why that probably won't happen:
1) I'd have to fold all of the laundry that's in it. Who wants to do that?
2) He discovered the kitchen table & chairs. Pulling him out from under that twice was a royal pain in the putauski. His cave is much more accessible.
3) Everyone needs a safe place to retreat to. I just make it a point to drag him out (No Chris, I'm not picking him up anymore) & force him to be with his new pack.

Well, time for me to join the napping dogs.

Next blog post: Who's really the pack leader in this house? Or maybe the toe-up sock KAL

No comments: