Thursday, May 10, 2007

'Fraidy dogs & sleepy Moms

I let Linus out without a leash into the backyard. He cruised around the yard with Einstein, actually checking things out instead of slinking along on the lead. In other words, he was being a dog.

After leaving the door open, he has come in a few times. The first time he went to his cave & then shot out the door when I was closing it so I shut it on him. He booked for the photinias and I felt bad.
Later, I had laid down on the couch & was talking on the phone to Chris. A basset walked in front of the couch so I reached out and ran my hand down his back. There was a startled jump & then fast movement. When I sat up, Einstein was nowhere around & Linus was running for the photinias. Pretty funny.

Now I just need to get him inside so his very sleepy new "mom" can take a nap or I won't be up to walks later.
--

Addition about 2 hours later:
I tried the leash in the photinia's but he would just run around outside the bushes. So I gave up. I grabbed the foam we had, the big red round labyrinth pillow, and the downstairs nap pillow & took a nap on the bench outside. I slept for about 2 hours. Yay! I'm not even achy which is a pleasant surprise.
I left the door open. I just saw his head trying to see over the arm of the couch. Then I heard very quiet whines. I called him inside but I don't think he came. Poor little guy.

No comments: